Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baby #2

                Remember the weekend that Neal was offered the job and we sold our home? Friday Neal got the job, Saturday we sold our St. George home, and Monday we found out baby #2 is well on his or her way! This is no coincidence. I have no doubt Heavenly Father was involved in this timing.
                When talking about our family planning, we really wanted to leave it up to Heavenly Father. We weren’t preventing but we weren’t trying either. Meaning- I had no idea what my ovulation cycle was (or is for that matter) and I really wasn’t paying attention to my other cycle. I was just kind of oblivious and we figured it would happen when it was supposed to happen. By this time we were not on birth control for 10 months. At that point I began to get worried. I told Neal that if we aren’t pregnant by the time Liam turns 2 I want to start actual trying. If we don’t get pregnant by December, I want to see a specialist.




                I tried to not stress about it but the worry was always in the back of my mind. In June, I was off. In July, I had skipped. I knew that if I missed again in August I would take a pregnancy test.
                That day came pretty quickly. Before I knew it, it was August! I had this realization while at work and my mind quickly became preoccupied with the fact that I still hadn’t had one and maybe it is time to take a pregnancy test. I got impatient and left work to run to the store to grab a pregnancy test.
                I MEANT to wait until that night to do the test with Neal but I just couldn’t handle the anticipation. I grabbed my bag and headed into the office bathroom.
                Who knew your life could change so much while sitting in a bathroom stall haha Seconds after I finished taking the test two solid red lines popped up. I mean, they popped up so fast I didn’t know if I could believe my eyes. I started re-reading the instructions to make sure I read it right and sure enough, I was pregnant. Smile, tears, disbelief, excitement. It’s crazy how fast you change once you realize that you have another baby on the way. Next up, planning the big reveal to the very special Daddy!
Reveal
                After I found out I couldn’t stop thinking about how I wanted to tell Neal that night. I ran to the store…again… and bought some pink and blue balloons. The lady at the check-out remembered me from earlier and said, “So, I take it you got a positive?” haha I was beaming!
                I left work early to get Liam from daycare to try to make it home before Neal. I got the camera out and ready. Everything was set up and we waited in the driveway for Neal. As soon as we saw his car come around the corner my stomach dropped and I got butterflies. I was so excited to share the good news!

                He pulled up and we were holding the balloons hoping he got the message. He didn’t. He got out of the car confused because Clearlink’s colors are blue and black not blue and pink. It was his first day on the new job and assumed I got him balloons to celebrate. Although I was so excited about his first day on the job, I was a little more excited about news of a new baby. I basically had to spell it out for him. He didn’t believe me until he saw the actual test. We were both so excited we could hardly stand it. It finally felt like things were falling into place for us. The new job, the house, and now this! All within 4 days. It was crazy timing and we know Heavenly Father had this planned from the very beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment