We finally had our first date night out since we welcomed Liam here! One of Neal's favorite musicals is Les Mis. I had never seen it but I heard the soundtrack since I'm married to a man who thinks he can sing like Jean VanJean AND Fontine!
Dixie High was putting on the musical last week. Neal got tickets as soon as he found out. I was really excited to go to this high school performance of Les Mis because I know how hard these kids work. I was involved in Drama Club myself back in the day haha
Dixie High is known for their theater department. It's really neat because they've actually turned it into a non-profit organization. They really go all out on their productions because they get so many donations from the locals. The kids they have are so talented, too!
This show did not disappoint. We were both so impressed with the talent of these high school kids. They were seriously amazing! I was so moved by the story and now I have a new appreciation for the lyrics as they blast in the car :)
No comments:
Post a Comment