Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blessed

This weekend we were able to do Liam's blessing. Both of our parents were able to come into town to participate and help us celebrate this very special day! Friday night the Burk's treated us to some Outback and Saturday was spent running around trying to get everything ready for his blessing the following morning.

On our way over to the church we decided to ride with my parents. With John Brophy at the wheel, we should have known we were up for an adventure. Sure enough, just as we were coming around the bend to see the church, a cop was coming straight at us. I knew my Dad was speeding and I just knew we were going to get pulled over. The cop made a quick u-turn and we were done for. I forced my Dad to AT LEAST get me to the church parking lot so I could get inside on time. The cop followed us all the way there and was kind enough not to turn on his lights so our entire ward would know the Brophy's were in town. They are always causing trouble on church grounds (please see my wedding post about the bagpipes on temple square). We all piled out of the car and my Dad went to talk to the cop. He went on to tell him that the reason he was speeding was to get to the blessing, and we were late because 4 of us had to use 1 shower (not true), and he's from out of town so he didn't know the speed limit, and we were on our way to church. The cop bought it and let him off with a warning. We made it inside the chapel with minutes to spare! (John Brophy can talk his way out of anything, it's the gift of gab)
I was so stressed trying to make sure that Liam would be tired enough during the blessing that he'd be sleepy. I didn't want him to fuss... or fart... while Neal was holding him haha So Neal and his Dad walked to the front of the Chapel to give him the blessing. They were joined by our Bishopric and formed a circle.

The blessing that was given to him by Neal was perfect. It was genuine and personal. I knew that Heavenly Father was working through Neal to give Liam the blessings that he'll need to face this life. Neal said that as he was praying about the blessing over the past couple days, he knew he needed to say 3 things "Believe in yourself, be patient with yourself, and never give up." Of course, I was in tears during the entire thing. It really was such a beautiful moment to hear my husband bless our firstborn, our son. It was so special to me and it meant a lot to have some of our family there.

Neal used his phone in his pocket to record everything so we were able to document it word for word. I'm so glad Liam will have this blessing to look back on when he's older!
After the blessing we went back to our house to celebrate! We baked quiche, cookies, brownies, and served fresh fruit! My mom really stepped up and helped me with the decorating, I loved how everything turned out.


Liam was passed around quite a bit and we heard more than our fair shares of "He is soooo cute". It's become a staple statement at our house now


We are so in love with this little boy, he continues to make us happier than we thought we ever could be. We can't imagine having to wait any longer to have him join our family. We're already looking forward to having our family continue to grow because of how amazing of an experience it's been so far.


Neal and I love being parents and know that it is our number one calling in this life, it means everything to us to know that Heavenly Father trusts us with one of his sons. We will never forget this special blessing day and we look forward to all that is ahead of us with this little boy in our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment