Sunday, May 22, 2011

23 Weeks!

Bump Watch '11!
How far along - 23 weeks! Next week I'll be at 6 months (based on the gestational weeks). I tried explaining this to my mother and she's still confused. Apparently pregnancy is technically 10 months when you go by gestational age (0-40 weeks). 40 weeks = 10 months. The first four weeks count even though the baby was conceived at some point during that time haha Kind of confusing, and I probably didn't do the best at explaining it. But anyway, I'm going to say I'm about 5.5 months to make it easier on every one :)

Maternity clothes – I started wearing them weeks ago and there is no turning back! I wouldn't if I could! I would really like to get a couple more fitted maternity shirts and another pair of work pants. I still fit in my regular clothes except for my pants because of the waistband. But- that is wear the bellyband comes in. I wear it everyday and it really relieves pressure on my lower back AND I get to wear my normal pants :)

Weight gain – GOOD NEWS! I'm finally on track! I went to my doctors appointment on Friday and got weighed. I'm now back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost a lot of weight during the first trimester so I'm finally back to wear I'm started. From here on out I'm supposed to gain at least a pound a week to stay on track. I just have to keep reminding myself HEALTHY calories can do this.... I really need to layoff the ice cream haha

Stretch marks – Nothing yet! I was told to start taking flaxseed to help prevent stretch marks. My medicine cabinet looks like I refuse to go see a doctor now because it's filled with natural vitamins. I'm still on my prenatals with DHA, folic acid, and allergy medicine. The flax seed has had really good results from what I've read (helps with skin elasticity), but it needs to go along with drinking a lot of water and keeping lotion on your stomach as well. We'll see :)

Sleep – I'm finally sleeping through the night again! This week I didn't get up once. I'm trying to enjoy this as much as possible while I can :) I'm not very good at sleeping in anymore though. Working full-time and having 6am dance practices in the morning have turned me into an old fogie! I don't sleep past 7 am anymore. Just can't do it. Good news is, I'm a lot more productive in the mornings :)

Best moment this week – Hearing from the doctor that he's measuring just where he needs to be! :) I always worry that we're going to get bad news every time we go in but we have been so blessed! Liam is doing great and growing healthy and strong!

Worst moment this week - Honestly, I can't remember, which is a good thing, right? :)

Movement – Oh yeah baby! (literally) He's finally getting to the point where I can see my stomach move when he decides to play kung fu and my belly.

Food I'm loving – Fresh fruit smoothies! I have one a day and I'm loving it!

Symptoms – This week was probably the best of my entire pregnancy. I wasn't sick, I didn't have any cramping, and I had a lot of energy. It is wonderful to feel like myself again. At my doctors appointment, Dr. Chalmers told me to enjoy the next 2 months because the last two are going to be miserable. Apparently pregnant women and the St. George summers don't mesh too well. Pray for me!!!

Gender - A sweet little boy! :)

What I'm looking forward to – Finishing the nursery. JoAnn's fabric is having a HUGE memorial day sale. I'm going to go in this week and scope out the rest of the fabric I want for his nursery. That way when the sale starts friday morning I can go in right away and get what I need. I still need to finish his crib blanket, banner, and curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment