It was absolutely gorgeous today here in St. George! It hit 75+ degrees :) I am so ready for Spring to be here, I feel like this years Winter was extra long.
Neal and I got up extra early to go pick up our first Bountiful Basket! I am so excited about this program. It's a fresh produce program for the West Coast. Every Monday you can place your order online for only $15, and then pick it up the following Saturday. Our pickup location is right down the street by the elementary school. It's all fresh produce and it's always a surprise

This week we got: (Keep in mind... only $15)
2 cantaloupes
roma tomatos
green beans
asparagus
a whole pineapple
strawberries
blackberries
bananas
brocoli
lettuce
apples
FOR ONLY $15 DOLLARS!
I never thought I could be this excited over fresh produce. But really... I am. It's forcing us to eat healthy and try new recipes. We already ate some of the cantaloupe and green beans today and they were both amazing.
I can't wait to use the strawberries and blackberries and make some fresh jam :)
After we picked up our basket we headed straight to the store to buy seeds for our new fresh garden! Providentliving.org has great ideas on starting a garden on a budget. We took some tips from the church off the website and decided it was time to try to start growing some of our own food :) Produce prices are jumping through the roof so now is the time to learn how to do it on our own :)
We picked up tomato, roma tomato, strawberries, and basil seeds :) I cannot wait until they all start growing fresh!!! :)
Neal was probably a little more excited then me. He took it very seriously and I have a feeling this project is going to turn into his little baby hah
No comments:
Post a Comment