Saturday, March 5, 2011

12 Weeks!

Now that I'm at 12 weeks I decided that I should start treating my dogs more like my babies. Just for the practice, you know? Oscar loves to be "babied" so he doesn't mind being my practice dummy.

How far along - 12 Weeks baby! Hello 2nd Trimester!!!

Maternity clothes - My co-workers wife called me this week to let me know that she found maternity pants at target for $7.50!!! Now that's a deal that you just cannot pass up, right? Wrong. I couldn't get myself to go! I tried using the excuse that I don't know what size I'll be when my stomach starts to get big but really it came down to me being in denial haha I don't know how this is ever going to work with my body. I have the shortest torso and I'm scared I'm going to look like Violet on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! (Is that even the purple blimps name?)

Weight gain - No idea. Last week I was down but this week I started getting my appetite back. Today I managed to consumer Panda Express for lunch and Wendy's for dinner so.... I wouldn't be surprised if I packed on a couple "LB's".

Stretch marks - Nothin' yet!

Belly Button - innie... holla!

Sleep - I'm now managing to only go to the bathroom twice a night! Not bad :)

Best moment this week - Almost going an entire week without throwing up!

Worst moment this week - Not going an entire week without throwing up.

Movement - I know the baby is moving because I googled it but I can't feel anything yet.

Food I'm loving - Cheese... again.

Food I'm hating - Chocolate :( I ate a Reese's and I was devastated when I realized it just didn't taste the way it used to :(

Symptoms - Nausea, fatigue, and .......... dizzyness!!! I got to add an entire new element to this fun experience this week, lucky me! (But really, I do feel lucky because as long as I have these symptoms I know that our baby is doing great ;) )

Gender - We find out in less than three weeks! I already convinced Neal to go shopping RIGHT after the doctors appointment. I can't wait to pick out the babies first outfit :)

What I'm looking forward to - Seeing what the 2nd trimester will bring for me :)

What I miss - My energy. Once 5 o-clock hits I am done! I usually come home from work and take a 30 min nap before dinner.

Weekly wisdom - I got lucky and married a man that cleans up after me (see below).

Milestones - I hit quite the milestone this week. I realized, again, how amazing and unselfish of a husband Neal is. Now don't stop reading yet, this is quite the story.... and one that needs a warning before I go on (this might be a TMI moment for some people). Friday night I got home from work and Neal cooked us an amazing cajun meal for dinner! I was so excited because I didn't really have a big lunch so I was really hungry. I scarfed down my food and literally ate for two haha As soon as I dropped my fork it hit me. The nausea quickly sunk in and I knew I was in for it. The best idea that I was to brush my teeth in hopes of getting the taste out of my mouth. Bad idea. I stood over the sink and threw up my entire meal. I was so disgusted that just looking into the sink made me throw up more! I was so embarrassed when Neal came in and saw the damage I had done. I couldn't stand the spell and I knew there was no way I'd be able to clean it up. Lo and behold... Neal stepped up to the plate and cleaned it up for me. Seriously? If he can do that I have no worries about him and our baby haha I couldn't believe he was willing to do that for me. That is LOVE!!!!!

Emotions - Definitely feeling the hormones.


1 comment:

  1. when I got pregnant someone told me about this cool website that will send you weekly emails telling you how/ what your baby is developing. It has a lot of good information on other stuff as well. I loved it! The website is babycenter.com. This slideshow is really cute too: http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size
    Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete