1/24/2011
I decided to take the morning off because Neal and I were feeling sick. We both had a cough the night before and woke up with sore throats. Neal left for the store to grab us both some cough syrup and medicine. Twenty minutes later he returned with not only cough syrup, he bought Theraflu, emergenC, neasporin, tylonal, dog food, milk, cereal, dog leash, toothbrush, and a pregnancy test. He managed to make it out of there putting a small dent in our pockets…. He left with the intention to spend $7 bucks on cough syrup but ended up spending over $100!!! I was not too happy about that. Especially because he’s “Mr. Budget Man” haha But going back to the long list of items he purchased, the last was a pregnancy test.
I told him I didn’t want to take one until I missed another month. We still had one more week to wait but apparently that was too long for him! I decided I’d go along with it and take the test early because he was so excited about it. I was expecting to be disappointed once again but luckily disappointment was the last feeling I’d have today.
…. Just as I put the cap back on I turned the test over and there it was- a plus sign. I couldn’t believe it. I just stared at it. All of the sudden I forgot everything I had ever known about taken a pregnancy test. I asked myself, “Wait, does this mean I’m pregnant?”
I ran out into the living room to reread the directions. Neal was waiting for me and he could see the smile forming on my face. I tried to hold it back before I knew but I was too excited, too in shock. We checked, and double checked, and checked again- there was no doubt that it was showing that I was pregnant! We hugged and kissed to celebrate the moment. Our celebration was halted with the staggering question….”Now what?”

First thing I did was call my co-workers wife, Julie. She is an amazing mother to 4 beautiful children! I knew that she would have the perfect recommendation for a doctor. Neal and I still laugh about knowing that she was the first person that we ended up telling J She was wonderful and directed us to Dr. Chalmers here in St. George.
The next call was made to Dr. Chalmers office to set up our first appointment. They were able to get us in today. We couldn’t believe that all of this was really happening. We tried not to get too excited but we couldn’t help taking our first pregnancy pictures. We said a quick prayer together thanking heavenly father for this blessing and proceeded to get ready for the day.
I wanted to go into work to finish up some paperwork before the day was over. I knew I needed to do something to keep my mind off the news. Neal decided to stay home and “declutter” the home for the new arrival. Keep in mind- he’s sick and yet he still wanted to do the nesting that very instant haha
Once at work I had the opportunity to lie to all of my coworkers about why I’m coming in when I had already took the day off, and why I’d be leaving early to make it to an appointment. Luckily, they all bought my justifiable lie. Neal was sick and we were going to the doctor J Not TOO big of a lie, right? J
Neal picked me up from work just in time to stop by subway and make it to our appointment. Yep- the cravings had already begun! We made it to our appointment on time, we couldn’t wait to get the for sure answer that I really am pregnant J
We met with the medical assistant to talk about my medical history. I think she asked every questions possible but I think we passed the test with flying colors! She took my blood and Neal and I were both so brave. We both usually pass out when we see blood… we’re in big trouble for the upcoming event haha
We were able to find out the my HCG levels were high enough to confirm, “Yep… you are definitely pregnant”. Based on my numbers, I am 9 weeks along and our sweet baby BOY is due August 28th! Okay, I don’t know if it’s a boy but I’m pretty sure it is. Neal thinks it’s a girl so we now have a bet on it. Last week I had a crazy dream (which isn’t abnormal these days). In the dream we found out that I was pregnant and due that very same day, we had a baby boy with dark hair- blue eyes- and named him Liam Daniels. Liam is the irish version of William which is a Brophy family name. Daniels is Neals Dad’s middle name. He’s not too fond of the name yet but I love it! We’ve always said our first would be Liam but we can’t agree on the middle name…. I’m hoping the middle name Daniels has somewhat of a significance and we can keep itJ
Now… If it’s a girl her name will definitely be Eaven (pronounced evan). Eaven is irish for “Irish Princess”. It is perfect for our little irish family! I love this name so much and hope that someday we get a girl J Because I definitely don’t think that our first will be a girl though….we’ll see though! J
So now its 10 30 pm, we’ve both procrastinated our homework, I’ve taken my new prenatal sample pills, and our house is officially ‘decluttered’. Neal is a clean freak so I think this will be our third trip to the DI this month to drop off our old stuff. It’s good though- because now we have a perfectly cleaned out nursery that is ready to be filled with furniture, toys, and diapers.
Oh my goodness, I didn't know! Chalmers is awesome; you'll love him. :)
ReplyDelete