Sunday, November 22, 2015

Something Beautiful


Something beautiful happened next. The understanding I thought I felt earlier when the news was delivered came back. I looked down at him and knew he was just too perfect for this earth. All he needed was a body. At that moment I felt so proud to call this beautiful baby our son. This beautiful spirit was ours forever because we are sealed together as a family.

We invited the photographer from “Now I lay me down to sleep” organization in and he took very special pictures of our sweet Finn. We can’t thank him enough for the service he provided for our family. To check out their organization and show them your support, please go to https://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/


We took some pictures with just the three of us and then Neal left the room to go get the kids. I was apprehensive to have the kids come in. There’s a part of me that wants to shield them from this loss, but I knew that could be even more devastating. I wanted to be able to have all 5 of us together, to be a whole family, regardless of how short the time would be for now. I knew we would all be reunited again someday but for now, I needed this moment. I needed to have all my children in my arms.

Liam was scared to meet his brother. Kate couldn’t wait. She loves babies and I knew she was so excited to see Finn. She climbed right up next to me and loved on him. Neal held Liam until he was ready to give Finn a kiss.

No matter how wrong this whole experience felt, this moment in time felt so right. We had the opportunity to explain to Liam and Kate that families are forever. That Heavenly Father needed our Finn more in heaven then he did on earth. The Finn has a very special mission to fulfill on the other side while he waits for us to join him. That we now have our very own guardian angel to look after our family. We took this opportunity to share our testimony of the gospel and families with our children, and it was beautiful.











2 comments:

  1. Erin, I love you and your testimony and your way with words. I am so sorry for your grief and pain. I Thank you for sharing this because it has strengthened my testimony and love for our Savior and the plan of Happiness. I truly pray that you can cling to the beautiful feelings and faith and that the hard times will be bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so priceless. I was just thinking about you earlier today- randomly! I hope you are managing alright- you are a strong woman! Your family is adorable.

    ReplyDelete