It really happened! Neal graduated with his Bachelor's degree!!!!I couldn't be more excited, and proud of this man! Here's how it went:
My college experience: Lived with 5 of my best friends, worked part-time, went to school in the morning, worked on my tan in the afternoon, cafe rio when ever I wanted, and stayed up late making memories with friends.
Neal's college experience: Married, Daddy, home-owner, and working full-time. Nights were spent making dinner for the family, spending time with Liam before bed, helping me put Liam to bed, homework until one to two in the morning, waking up with a sick or hungry baby in the middle of the night, and then waking up the next morning and doing it all over again.
College is hard. College is harder while juggling real life with it. Seriously, he is a super hero for getting such an achievement! He worked SO hard. He put so much time and effort into completing his degree. He is such a great example to me and our family of what it means to fight for your dreams.
This May, he was able to walk with his graduating class. This was extra special because Neal never got to have this moment for his high school graduation. He dropped out and decided to do homeschooling instead. It just worked better for him during that time in his life. Once he graduated he got a cake, some cards, some presents, and an awesome picture of him holding up a piece of paper. I remember seeing that picture for the first time and thinking that he had been robbed! He deserved the memory of wearing a cap and gown, walking across the stage, and receiving a diploma! So- as you can see. I was overwhelmingly excited to see him experience that for his Bachelor's degree.
I wanted to make this day so special for him so I spent some time preparing for the big day and working on surprises for him :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment