Thursday, May 9, 2013

Prom Queen

While living in St. George I ALWAYS felt like I was missing out on everything! Both of my sweet nieces were in highschool so I was constantly missing their dances, soccer games, and cheer performances. It was the worst and I remember looking forward to the day when I could join the family and go support them at all of these events. I remember one time, Aysia asked if I would drive up and do her hair for her prom. I felt horrible because there was no way I could make it up! My amazing friend Mallory came to save the day and dropped her plans to go help my cute niece. I appreciated her going over there so much because I wasn't able to make it.

Now that we FINALLY live back up in Salt Lake, I've been able to enjoy the things that I missed out on. A couple weeks ago my other niece Jayde invited me over to help her get ready for Jr. Prom. I was so excited, I researched make-up tips, hair tutorials, and got the camera ready. I couldn't wait to be a part of her big day!

I went over a couple hours before her date came to get started. We had so much fun catching up, getting ready, and blasting Pandora on the Pitch Perfect station. We're nerds- we embrace it.

Here's the finished product! She looked absolutely beautiful and I'm pretty proud of the turnout, especially her hair! Jayde has gorgeous long brown hair anyway, but we were able to create a fun updo for the dance. I love little miss Jayde and it's been so fun to see her grow into the young woman she is today! I'm very proud to be her aunt :)

1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful! That is a Lauren Conrad hair do! Love it! I can never get it to work on me!

    ReplyDelete