Friday, May 31, 2013

Mothers Day

Oh Mother's Day, the day when all mom's want is to sleep in and be waited upon all day. Isn't that every mother's dream? To not have to do 'mother' things on Mother's Day? I'm not talking about tucking the kids in at night because, hey, that's my favorite part. I'm talking about the getting up in the middle of the night, changing diapers, cooking food, cleaning up messes, chasing the kids around the house....etc. Just all the beautiful chaos that comes with being a mother. 

News flash to me! That ain't happenin'. Mother's day you don't lose your title or responsibilities, you just get recognized for it! Now I know so next time around I won't set myself up for failure.

The mother's day weekend started out GREAT!!!! Friday night Neal and Liam surprised me with these beautiful flowers! I loved them! They wrote the sweetest note thanking me for being the mother that I am. I felt so loved, honored, and special in that moment. Thank you Nealson for getting me these! They were absolutely beautiful and made my day. 

So onto the ACTUAL mother's day. Boy was that a day. I don't think I've ever been tested on my mom skills as much as I had that day. It seemed like everything was going wrong and with my attitude that day, of course it was. 

By 7pm, I was done. With poop floating in the tub, me soaking wet from Liam throwing a cup full of water at me... I broke and started crying. It was like the 'ugly, i feel so bad for myself, why can't i just run away' cry. And I'm serious, I really wanted to just go stay in a hotel for the night because I just needed some alone time.

Neal came in, to my rescue, and helped make everything better. We got Liam ready for bed, read him some stories, said our prayers, and down he went. He cuddled up perfectly with his Lamby. His Fishies were playing their good night songs. The blue stars were projected on his ceiling. And I finally felt peace, and love, and joy. Gosh I was so happy in that moment. It didn't matter how bad of a day I had, he was still my everything. He's the reason that this day even means something to me. Even if that means cleaning up poop in the tub. 


No comments:

Post a Comment