Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ice Fishing


The past couple Saturday’s Neal and his cousin Zac have been going ice fishing. Freezing cold temps, sitting on a frozen lake, waiting for a fish to bite…. Sounds super fun right? To them this this heaven and they’ve had a blast doing it.

Last Saturday Neal left the house at 7 to meet up with Zac. I figured the LATEST he’d be home would be 11. And that was me being generous.

12 o’clock came. Then 1 o’clock. Then 2 o’clock. Nothing. No Neal and no answer on his cell phone. I finally get a phone call just before 3 from my very own fisherman.



“Have you been trying to get a hold of me?” Neal

“Yes! Where have you been? I’ve called you like 5 times!” Me

“Oh the fish at the bottom of the lake didn’t answer?” Neal

What????

Yeah- my thoughts exactly. He literally dropped his phone down an ice hole and it’s now sitting at the bottom of the lake. So- on this fishing trip he literally came home empty handed. No fish and no phone. I’m sure the fish were just busy playing games on their new phone.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm guessing that I won't be getting my old phone back anytime soon then?

    ReplyDelete