Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

     Driving Liam to daycare this morning, and on my way to work, I felt the prompting to turn off the radio and have some quiet time. Some time to ponder. My thoughts quickly drifted to the spirit of this Christmas season. Have you noticed that everyone is nicer? People don’t cut you off as much, they give you their parking spot, they take your shopping cart back to the cart round up thing that you never use anyway…. Just nicer. An old friend of mine related this to the spirit of Christ. Even though many people don’t believe in Christ or openly worship him, his spirit is ever present during the Christmas season nonetheless. It’s a time of giving and love. It’s a time of charity and service. This is was Christ stands for.

     I know that non-believers will say that December 25th isn’t really Christ’s birthday. And I believe them. I don’t believe he was born on that exact day thousands of years ago. Regardless, it is a day that we celebrate Him, who he is (not was), and what he stands for. I love the Christmas season because it allows us all a little more time to slow down, spend time with family, reflect on the year we’ve been given and the blessings we’ve received, and rejoice in the news that Jesus is the Christ, he is our redeemer, our Savior, and still the Son of God.

This year I will participate in shopping, decorating a Christmas tree, opening of presents, and writing letters to Santa. I’ll do it with my family and it will all be with love. However, I never want to forget the reason for this season and the joy it brings to my heart knowing that my Savior was born. He lived, died, and rose again so that I may be with my Father in heaven again someday. So that all of us could be.
I am eternally grateful for Jesus Christ, the life he lived, and the relationship that I have with him now. He has brought more hope, peace, and joy to my life then I ever could have imagined and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment