Oscar got himself in quite the predicament this past week.
On Sunday around 3pm I realized that I hadn't seen Oscar in a while. I don't usually get worried about him because he's not my favorite of our dogs but I was a little concerned. Just a little. We found a whole he dug in our backyard and realized that he had escaped! Neal was distraught and I got to work. Posters and fliers were up within a couple hours, that was after I drove around the neighborhood screaming his name in agony. Within a few hours we got a call saying that they had our dog.
Apparently a girl was driving to her friends house and saw a boston terrier running across the street. She assumed it was her friends so she pulled over and yelled out, "OSCAR!!!" Yep. Her friend had a Boston named Oscar. So our Oscar preceded to jump into her car and drove to her friends house. When they got there they realized they now had TWO dogs and only one owner. By the time we hung up signs they realized they had our dog and called to have us come pick him up. When I went to pick him up I told them his name and both of us just busted up laughing. What are the odds that we lose our dog and the people that find him have a boston terrier named oscar, too.
Oscar (theirs), Oscar (ours), and Me.


No comments:
Post a Comment