Friday, April 27, 2012

You're kidding me...

While up in Salt Lake, Neal applied for a position with Delta Airlines. He completed the online application (which took over an hour because there was an online test) and then we waited... and waited... and then he got the call. We would lay in bed at night and play pretends. "Okay- IF you got the job, where would you want to travel?" Ireland and China were at the top of the list. We never thought it could be a reality though.

Over the next couple of weeks Neal was going through the interviewing process with Delta. During one of his final interviews, I got some big news at my work. I got transferred to a new team with a new manager. They were all up in Salt Lake. It felt like things were starting to fall into place and I just had to trust what was going to come. Neal called me minutes later and said the interview went great! Now we just had to play the waiting game, again.

On Friday he got the call. Delta Airlines extended him a position working in reservations. He kept it quiet for a few hours and then picked me up from work. Our plan was to go on a picnic for lunch but that changed as soon as he broke the news. "I GOT THE JOB! WE'RE MOVING TO SALT LAKE" You're kidding me. So many things flashed into my head, a list of to-do's started piling up. We are moving to salt lake in less than a month. Oh- and of course I congratulated him. I didn't doubt that he would get it, but then again there were 2000 applicants! Neal was in the top 1%! I was so proud, and happy, and excited, and so many emotions all at once. Neal wanted to celebrate so we skipped the picnic and headed straight to McD's....Neal's favorite. Classy, right?

We spent the next couple hours calling around and telling everyone our good news! We immediately put our house up for rent and began preparing to move to SLC. I called my new manager and she said I could come up anytime. This was falling into place all too easily, we knew it was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment