Liam is now 9 weeks old now, just over two months! The past couple weeks have been amazing with him. Neal and I are finally getting the hang of things, we have our little routine, which isn't a routine at all because we just do whatever this little man wants. We now stay up late together with him and take turns waking up with him in the morning. Liam has been doing awesome and sleeping for 5+ hours each night. In fact last week he slept for 8 hours 4 nights in a row! I'm hoping to get back to that very soon. I remember the first night that it happened. Liam fell asleep around his usual 1-2am, I laid him in his crib, and went into the guest room to try to get as much sleep as I could before he woke up. As soon as I laid my head on the pillow I was out. I woke up to the sun hitting my face and reality set in. He's dead.
He has to be dead! There is no way that he slept through the night and he is STILL sleeping. I wish I could say that I hurriedly got out of bed but I didn't. I'm a bad mom. I remember thinking, "He's not really dead, but if he is I guess there's nothing I can do about it and I might as well get some more sleep before I have to call 911 and have the ambulance come and have to go to the hospital and have to plan a funeral...." Funeral was the word that got me out of bed.
I walked into his nursery and there he was... breathing. Still sound asleep and still looking as perfect as ever. I missed him too much to let him sleep any longer. I just had to have in my arms and cuddle him the rest of the morning. I took him out of his crib and took him into the living room. He loves watching the Price is Right with me.
His newest thing is watching Baby Class on Netflix. It's a show for infants and toddlers that plays music, shows shapes, and colors. Liam absolutely loves it! It's hilarious to watch him watch this. He will just lay there kicking his legs and waving his arms and coo at the computer screen. He won't take his eyes off it, it's pretty cute to sit there and watch him.
How perfect is his face? I'm so in love.
Liam is still doing a lot of sleeping. He's getting on a better schedule, falling asleep for the night around 1, up at 7 for a quick bottle, then sleeps until 10am. During the day he takes two naps! What a lucky little guy :)
Here's Liam and Daddy sleeping on the couch. I need to do a post alone on Liam's sleeping positions, quite funny.
This boy is wearing us out and yet we're loving every minute of it. Well, maybe not every minute. He has pee'd on us a couple times. But now we use his 'pee pee tee pee' so life is good :)
No comments:
Post a Comment