Saturday, October 1, 2011

We're coming home!

Saturday morning finally came and we were given the release papers from the hospital. All three of us were ready to go home and be a family! My hospital stay was the perfect amount of time, I was able to stay from Tuesday-Saturday so it was a great adjustment for me to have that much help on hand whenever we needed it. I am so grateful for the amazing nursing staff that we had there. They were so helpful during my recovery and caring for Liam during his first week here!

We packed up all our belongings and thanked our nursing staff. A nurse escorted us down to the valet area and waited with me while Neal was getting the car. We snapped a couple pictures of us heading home and this is the only one that turned out! She didn't tell us that the flash needed to be on in the other pictures, everything is all shadows :( Oh well- at least we have a cute shot of Liam in his "going home outfit". I'm glad I picked out this one because it's about the only thing that fits him right now haha He pretty much lives in onesies because of this.

As soon as we got home we were greeted by my parents. They came to stay with us and help out for another 5 days to help with the baby. It was so nice to come home to a clean house and stocked fridge! My dad just wasn't satisfied with our efforts to buy frozen food for when we got home from the hospital so he took the initiative himself and went grocery shopping for us.

I'm so glad both my parents were able to be with Liam that first week. They all formed such a special close bond. I loved seeing my mom and dad hold Liam. I was just on cloud nine that whole week to have my family here. All of us couldn't get enough of the new addition to the family. He was definitely welcomed with open arms. There were a couple times that arguments broke out of who's turn it was to hold the little guy. I loved it!

Here's Liam snuggling up to his Grandma Cindy :) She brought me back such a special surprise. While in the hospital, she brought me a present. She got me these beautiful diamond earrings that have a sapphire stone in the middle. With Liam being born in September, the sapphire is his birth stone. Those earrings are so special to me and commemorate me becoming a mother to my amazing little boy Liam. I love them!
Leonard and Oscar were so excited that their little brother finally came home. They missed us during our hospital stay. Leonard loves to jump up behind the couch and look over our shoulders as we hold Liam in our laps. He's even snuck a couple face licks in there to show his little brother how much he loves him haha The dogs are slowly adjusting so we're trying to not let them feel left out. We, as in Neal haha, try to take them on a walk everyday. Before I was admitted, they were so used to going for 3 or 4 walks a day that last couple of weeks haha So going from that to just one is a pretty big difference. Hopefully when I'm feeling better I can take them on more when Liam and I get out and use his jogging stroller.
Liam has been a riot with his expressions and facials. I'm amazed with how alert he is, it's been so much fun. I wish he was MORE alert during the day because he usually wakes up like this from 11-5 am haha I'm starting to get more used to the schedule. Many naps during the day definitely help :)
I love my parents and we were so grateful for their help during the first week home. As soon as they left I just started crying! I already miss them so much. I don't know if it was just my hormones or what but I took their departure pretty hard haha
I can not wait until they come back to town, hopefully sooner than later. Liam misses his Pop Pop. You can see just how helpful Pop Pop was that week. He was even willing to change a blow out... and quite the bad one haha
I love my dad and I'm so glad that he has a little grandson to spoil. One of my favorite memories from that first week home was watching my dad sing old Irish songs to Liam. The cutest thing was once my parents left Neal took his place and started singing to Liam, too. Liam absolutely loves being sung to or talked to. He listens so intently. I love my mom Cindy and she is going to be an amazing Grandma to our little boy. I can't wait until we see them again!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, He is the cutest little guy! Congrats again. Oh and.. it says that he was born in December (when you are talking about the earrings).. I don't know if you plan on making a blog book or if that is even important but just thought I would point that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so dang cute!!! What a cute little family. CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete