Friday, October 21, 2011

1 Month!

Really? I have a one month old CHILD!?! Still in shock and still can't believe that he's really here... and he's ours :)

I am absolutely falling more and more in love with this little boy each day we spend together. He has the most amazing expressions and is very alert. I could stare at him for hours and just watch him take in all of his surroundings. It's fun to watch him explore the room by moving his head side to side.
He has a head full of strawberry blonde hair and his eyes are a deep blue, so handsome!
We are so grateful to have him a part of our little family. I can't imagine waiting any longer to welcome him into our home. He has made Neal and I even happier than we thought we could be. I find myself laughing more, talking like an idiot to get a smile out of him, and worrying myself crazy about his poop schedule. You know you're a parent to a newborn when you care about how many times a tiny human being has a bowl movement...
He is such a sweet little boy. He sleeps a lot... just not at night. He goes to bed at 2am, wakes up at 4 for a quick snack, wakes up again at 7 for some breakfast, and then finally gets his lazy butt out of bed at noon... oh and then cat naps throughout the day. What a life, huh?

Right now I'm staying out on the couch with him. It's easier for me to get up and feed him on the couch instead of the bed and this allows Neal to get some sleep during the week while he goes to school. But on weekends? ROLE REVERSAL! I get to have a full nights sleep while Neal stays up with his best buddy. Am I lucky or what? :) It's the PERFECT break for me after a week of never getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. But really.... it's all worth it. He's worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment