Friday, September 2, 2011

38 Weeks

Bump Watch '11:
Weight Gain: 12 lbs. I lost 2 lbs since last week but the doctor said that's normal for this time in the pregnancy. Liam is still weighing just around 6 lbs :) I keep threatening Neal that I'm going to pop out a little red headed leprechaun.

Symptoms: The swelling has left my feet and gone up to my ankles. I freaked out a little bit when I couldn't feel my ankle bone the other night. I must have overly exaggerated how surprised I was because I made Neal think that my water broke
Activities: Since I'm not dancing anymore, I've made it a point to go on at least 2 walks a day. Leonard is getting pretty fit haha I tried the whole "curb walking" thing but just felt ridiculous so I proceeded to stay on the side walk. I don't like wearing my tennis shoes so I've been only wearing flip flops. I look pretty funny walking/jogging around the neighborhood a couple times a day in shorts and flip flops. I'm not necessarily trying to stay active to try to get him here early, I just know that the more I do now- the easier my labor will be. So- if walking helps him drop and helps with thinning... then walking it is :)

To do's: After my anxiety attack from our last doctors appointment, we got quite a bit done! The house has been deep cleaned (carpets and all) and the freezer is stocked :) The laundry is finished and put away. The cameras are charged....I FINALLY feel ready for this baby to come. And because of that, I'm sure he won't get here anytime soon haha It always works that way, right? So in the meantime I'm going to continue my double walks and getting as much rest and relaxation as I can. I'm really looking forward to this three day weekend!

Progression: I'm still getting contractions but very irregular. Nothing too serious at least. I have a feeling that I'm going to go up until Thursday and then I'll have Dr. Chalmers strip my membranes to move the process along :)


No comments:

Post a Comment