Sunday, April 24, 2011

19 Weeks!


19 Weeks

How far along - 19 Weeks

Maternity clothes – Yes! This past week my belly has popped out even more! Monday I could not even button up my work pants. I had to layer on my shirts so that I could keep them unbuttoned and the zipper half way down- that way I wouldn't feel so claustrophobic. I kept complaining to Neal about it and he finally got the hint and got me some new maternity work pants from Target. They are adorable and SO comfortable! I'm so glad I finally have some. I always had such a skewed view of maternity clothes. I thought that they would all be huge and frumpy and I would just look horrible in them. Now that I finally have some, I understand that they are no different from your other clothes except that they have an elastic band instead of a zipper. BRILLIANT. I feel like I'm a little kid again and I just have to pull up my pants and go! haha I still fit in all of my same sizes, the maternity wear adds that extra band so my belly is able to grow. They are so comfortable and they don't constrict my little Liam from spreading out in there :)

Weight gain – Yes! I went to my doctors appointment on Friday and they were (and us too) relieved to see that I put on some weight this time. I've gained about 5 pounds back since my last appointment. I lost so much weight during my first trimester that I was beginning to worry about the health of the baby during pregnancy. Now that I'm heading the right direction again, I feel so much better. From here on out, I should be gaining at least a pound a week for a healthy pregnancy :)

Stretch marks – Not yet! I started putting lotion on my belly at night and I'm continuing to drink a lot of water. Any other tips or pointers? Please send them my way!!!

Sleep – Sleep is getting better! I keep getting warned from current parents, "Oh get your sleep now, it will never be the same again!" So... I'm starting to cherish my time in my bed at night... except when I have to get up to go to the bathroom 3 times a night... at least when he's here I'll have someone to keep me company. Neal tends to sleep through it all :)

Best moment this week – Watching him during our ultrasound! It was our 20 week ultra sound, the "big one". This was the ultrasound that they look for any complications with the baby. We were able to look at the baby's spine, brain, kidneys, stomach, blood flow, heart chambers, and bladder. Everything is working just the way it's supposed to! He is healthy and growing! :) I was so worried about this appointment so our prayers were answered when we heard his strong healthy heartbeat. We pray for him everyday that he can make it into our arms safely :)

Worst moment this week – Feeling claustrophopic from my belly getting bigger and having my clothes tight on my stomach. I guess you could say I had another "Breaking Dawn Break Down". That's the new title for the moments when I feel like I have an alien growing inside of me clawing to get out. He's not an alien... and he doesn't claw.... but my stomach is stretching beyond it's limits and it amazes/scares me that it's capable of getting bigger!

Movement – YES! Remember how I thought I could feel him but I wasn't sure? Well- I'm now feeling him on a daily basis. In fact- during our ultra sound we were able to see him doing the running man in my stomach. He is one crazy little man! I feel his little pitter-patter feet hitting me and I absolutely love it. It's a reminder to me that he's really there :) I am so excited that from this point on I'll be able to feel him move. It makes me love him that much more!

Food I'm loving – Oh the usual... as in what I loved before pregnancy. The sweet tooth is back!!! I have zero cravings and now I finally have my regular appetite back. That means that I really need to watch what I eat and try to make healthy choices :)

Symptoms – Round ligament cramping happens every morning. The first hour or so of my day is filled with this type of cramping. I'm starting to get used to it though so it's definitely not as bad as it was when I first started. This week I also had a couple leg cramps in my calves. I woke up twice this week during the middle of the night to stabbing pain on one side of my leg... but- according to babycenter.com, everything is normal! Leg cramping happens because a lot of my nutrients are going to the baby instead of my muscles. Oh the things we do for love!

Gender - All boy. We had a glaring reminder of that during the ultrasound when he first popped up on the screen. You can see below that the first shot is of him mooning us and showing his "you know what" in all of it's glory.

What I'm looking forward to – Working on the nursery. We were able to go pick out a couple fabrics this weekend to use for his room. I am so excited to start working on his crib set! I found a couple tutorials online for a crib skirt and some blankets so as soon as I find the time I'll start on all these projects :)

What I miss – Nothing! Now that I'm in my second trimester I feel better than ever! I'm not sick anymore, I'm not too uncomfortable, and I just continue to get more and more excited each day. I'm still in shock that we're halfway!

Emotions – Love. And lot's of it :) As cheesy as that sounds it is so true. I have such a strong and supportive husband who is thrilled to become a father. Everything went great during our ultrasound. We feel so much love and support from each of our families. I love my life and all of the people that Heavenly Father has placed in it, I'm truly blessed :)

19 Week Ultra Sound: We are spoiled when it comes to our Doctors office. The doctor and his staff are amazing. We always have a lot of fun when we get to see them :) This week they gave us a DVD of our ultrasound. I wanted to post it on here so our families and close friends could view it if they wanted to. It may not be too exciting but we are thrilled with the footage and we're so grateful that we have this as a keepsake for our new little family :)
It's kind of long but there are 3D images throughout the ultrasound and you get to hear is heart beat :) He's measuring right where he needs to be, he's about 9 inches in length and weighs only 10 ounces.

19 Week Ultra Sound from Erin Burk on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment