Sunday, February 20, 2011

10 Weeks!

How far along - 10 Weeks, a quarter of the way there!

Maternity clothes - Not yet :)

Weight gain - Still sick so still no weight gain.

Stretch marks - Nope!

Belly Button - Innie :)

Sleep - I need more! I'm still pretty tired. On top of my fatigue and morning sickness- I've had a cough and cold the past 3 weeks! All I want to do is lay in bed and rest but with my schedule it is simply impossible. Luckily this weekend is a three day weekend so I've been able to just stay home and relax :) It has been so nice to not have to worry about work or school this weekend. I needed a good break!

Best moment this week - Opening a Valentine's present from my in-laws. They got Neal and I a new WillowTree figurine! It's the one with the mom and dad holding their new baby. I cried when I opened it! I've been doing that a lot lately haha We have the figurine in our bedroom right next to our blocks that say "Family". It stands as a reminder for the both of us of the divine callings we have as parents now. I love it and I can't wait to put it in the baby's nursery! :)

Movement - Apparently the baby is now able to flinch and squirm around but I have yet to feel anything at all. I don't think I'll be able to feel anything for a while.

Food I'm loving - Cheese and crackers... again. I could not get enough of those this week!

Food I'm hating - Vegetables :( It's horrible! I should be stocking up on those babies but I really can't get them down. I took the advice of my brother and sister-in-law. They suggested I have V8 until I can get real vegetables in me. I am loving that fruit juice.... and so is Neal. So much that the juice doesn't last very long in this household haha

Symptoms - Morning/All Day sickness, cough, and cold. I think I'm driving Neal crazy. I hate being sick on top of being pregnant. I had to fly up to Salt Lake this week for a meeting. I took all the necessary precautions before I got on that plane but my morning sickness prevailed. As we're starting our decent into SLC, I felt it coming on and started freaking out. The seatbelt sign was on, I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom, and I was surrounded by businessmen! Not the best situation for a nauseous pregnant girl to be in. I knew it was inevitable, I was going to have to use those nasty throw up bags! I about died in embarrassment as I pulled both bags from the seat pocket. Luckily no one was sitting in the window seat so I was able to lean over and go for it (for lack of a better term haha). I filled up two bags! It was horrible! Another low point in my pregnancy for sure haha I think the worst part about it is the bag says that "You are responsible to dispose of this bag after departing the plane". So- I got to hang out with my throw up bags until we landed and got into the terminal. It was not fun carrying them off the plane. I was beyond embarrassed for myself haha

Gender - We find out in 5 weeks! :) Neal is not adamant about not calling it "it" anymore. We now say he/she haha He is so funny about it. I can't wait to find out if it's Liam or Eaven in there :) Liam is the frontrunner for a boys name at this point... we'll see though!

What I'm looking forward to - Our doctors appt this week! We go in Friday afternoon to get another ultra sound. I am so excited because our baby actually looks like a baby now haha The last ultrasound we had it (he/she) looked like a worm with a heartbeat. But now our sweet baby is almost finished developing and now just needs to grow!

What I miss - My health. I am so over feeling sick all of the time. My mom and her sister said they were sick the first 3 months of pregnancy. I have 2 more weeks and then hopefully I'm in the clear. I can't wait to get over this cold, cough, and nausea!

Weekly wisdom - If I drink my pre-natal's (all three horse pills) with milk or juice, they are a lot easier to get down :) That has been a lifesaver for me!

Milestones - Not crying over food this week.

Emotions - I put myself in check this week. I wasn't as emotional as last week... I got through Oprah without crying! Score! haha We'll see what happens because tonight is Extreme Makeover Home Edition will be on.... that's a tear jerker.



No comments:

Post a Comment