Last Wednesday I made a hair appointment for right after work. Neal dropped me off at the salon and went home for some good ol' dinner and homework. That's the usual week night. As my hairdresser was finishing up putting the foils in my hair, I look down at my phone and see that I have 3 missed calls from Neal and 2 text messages. That never happens.
I call Nealson's back by carefully placing the phone under my hair foils to make sure not to mess anything up. He asked how long it would take until I was finished because we were asked to meet with our stake high counselor at 8 pm. 8 friggin pm!?! That was in 35 minutes!!!! I knew that it was important for us to go and to go on time but there was just no way. I've learned my lesson before... you can't rush processing time haha
I told Neal to ask if we could meet him at 8 15. Neal was able to pick me just as Latisha was washing my hair out. I ran out to the car with sopping wet hair, I literally looked like I walked out of the shower. Neal packed me a skirt and church shoes so I could change in the car on our way over. We were already running a couple minutes late so we had a pretty frantic drive over to the church. I was trying to change, put my makeup on, and dry my hair with the heater vents. If someone looked in our car, they would think we were nuts!
We made it to the church about 5 minutes late. I assured Neal that he was expected us to be on "Mormon Time" anyway. That did very little to calm his nerves, he was so anxious to find out about what our meeting would entail.
Our ward's Stake High Counselor was waiting patiently for us as we arrived. We were able to begin the meeting with a prayer and the spirit was able to settle in. We were informed that Neal was asked to be called to be the Elders Quorum 1st Counselor. We were both thrilled! Neal was so happy and excited about his new calling. He accepted the calling with tears in his eyes. By the end of the meeting we were all crying. The spirit was so strong and bore witness to all three of us that Neal was meant to be called to that position.
On the car ride home we were humbled as we realized the trust heavenly father has in Neal. Ever since Neal has come back to the church, he has strived to be diligent in the Lords work. He is such a hard worker in the gospel and I am so proud of the progress that he's made. I am so blessed to have Neal forever. He is such a strong example to me. I am so excited for his new calling and I can't wait to show my support! I already got a taste of what this calling with ensue by hosting their sunday meeting at our place. I was such a cute/sweet spirited wife and made the new presidency fresh baked oatmeal cookies for their meeting. Geez.... Neal is such a lucky man! :)
Gosh you aren't suppose to make me get teary eyed! I am so happy for you both. Neal since we have met you you have been such a great example to all of us including me. I know you will be able to help so many people and the lord def. knows what he is doing! Loved reading all your post's erin. Love you! Move to SLC already please!
ReplyDelete