A couple weeks ago Neal and I got to visit our Grandma Whittier. She gave us the most beautiful picture of the Salt Lake Temple. She wanted to give us something that we could keep in our home to remember her by and I now realize that it was the most perfect gift.
Early this morning she passed on. Our loss as a family is so great, however, His gain is even greater. She is now reunited with our Father in heaven and her sweet husband. I cannot help but be happy for her progression from this mortal life and into the next.
As the picture of the temple hangs in our living room, we are able to think of Grandma every day. We will miss her very much. Because of our knowledge that families are forever, we know that someday we will see her again. We are so grateful for the power to be sealed to those that we love. It allows us to cope with heartache such as this and realize that it is only temporary and we will see her again.
xoxo Erin Burk
I'm so sorry to hear that. We will keep you guys in our prayers. But you're right, what a perfect gift she gave you! That picture is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry! Meeting her at your shower and seeing her at your wedding she seemed like such a sweetheart. You guys will be in our prayers and im sure lots of others. But isn't it wonderful knowing she will be watching over both of you and waiting for you when you return to heavenly father? She'll be a great angel I'm sure! Love you Erin!
ReplyDelete